Voices of the Larger Alliant Community:
A World of Ideas on the Worldwide Web
The Alliant community is filled with talented writers, including quite a few who keep blogs, create persuasive essays full of strong arguments in support of their positions. All of such persuasive works consists of attention-grabbing opening that introduces the topic and makes a clear statement of the research issue. Below, listed alphabetically by last name, is sampling of those blogs, with brief descriptions of what the authors write about.
The blogs listed here are the independent work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of Alliant International University or its schools. Alliant does not screen or censor these blogs in any way. We list them here because we want to support the members of our wider community and because we believe that the free exchange of ideas promotes intellectual community.
- Karen Franklin, PhD: In the News: Forensic Psychology, Criminology and Psychology Law
Dr. Franklin is a forensic psychologist in Northern California and an adjunct professor at the California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) at Alliant International University. She is a former criminal investigator and legal affairs reporter. This blog highlights news and commentary relevant to forensic psychology, criminology, and psychology-law.
- Ben Caldwell, PsyD: Ben Caldwell, PysD: Marital and Family Therapy. Dr. Caldwell, the Site Director for the MFT Program at the California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) at Alliant International University in Los Angeles, has served as Chair of the Legislative and Advocacy Committee for AAMFT-CA Division. He discusses advances in the profession of marriage and family therapy, through both science and regulation of the profession.
- Eric W. Hickey, PhD: Serial Killers, Paraphilia, Forensic Psychology
Dr. Hickey is the Director of the Center for Forensic Studies at Alliant International University. He also teaches criminal psychology at California State University, Fresno, CA. Dr. Hickey has taught many courses in criminal personalities, sex crimes, homicide and psychopathology in universities, colleges, jails and prisons and supervises theses and dissertations involving forensic and criminal psychology. Dr. Hickey has considerable field experience working with the criminally insane, psychopaths, sex offenders and other habitual criminals.
- Fred Phillips, PhD: The Conscious Manager: International perspectives on management, technology, media, and personal growth. Dr. Phillips is the Associate Dean of the Marshall Goldsmith School of Management at Alliant and a Professor of Management.
- Nicolette Toussaint: Living in Comfort and Joy
Nicolette is HSOE's Director or Marketing and works in the areas of social media plus internal, alumni and development communications. She's also an evening student in a certificate program in interior design, with interests in sustainably aging in place, accommodating disabilities, "green" materials and homes that enhance the comfort and joy of the people in them.
- Scott Zimmer:Alliant Library Blog Alliant's chief librarian started with a few blogs about developments at Alliant’s library (below). Thehis blog has moved to a site where it can include far more features, including chat-based reference. Librarians are always happy to assist by phone, email or in person, but we understand that more and more of us live online, particularly when it comes to academics. So, click here to get help at the Alliant online Library Blog.