AlliantConnect.org Terms and Conditions
AlliantConnect.org is a social networking service that allows Members to create unique personal profiles online in order to find and communicate with old and new Alliant alumni. The services offered by Alliant International University ("Alliant" or "we") include the Alliant Connect.org website, the AlliantConnect.org Internet messaging service, and any other features, content, or applications offered from time to time by Alliant Connect.org in connection with the Alliant Connect Website (collectively, Alliant International University). The AlliantConnect.org is hosted in the U.S.
Please read this Agreement carefully and save it. If you do not agree with it, you should leave the AlliantConnect.org Website and discontinue use it immediately.
If you wish to become a Member, communicate with other Members and make use of the AlliantConnect.org services, you must read this Agreement and indicate your acceptance during the Registration process.
Alliant International University may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by AlliantConnect.org on the AlliantConnect.org website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the AlliantConnect.org services after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
Please choose carefully the information you post on AlliantConnect.org and that you provide to other Users. Your AlliantConnect.org profile may not include the following items: any photographs containing nudity, or obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter. Despite this prohibition, information provided by other AlliantConnect.org Members (for instance, in their Profile) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material, products or services, and AlliantConnect.org and alliant International university assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of misuse of the AlliantConnect.org services by any person, please contact
Alliant International University reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the AlliantConnec.org services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
1. Eligibility. Use of and Membership in the AlliantConnect.org services is void where prohibited. By using the AlliantConnect.org services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; and (c) your use of the AlliantConnect.org services does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
2. Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the AlliantConnect.org services or are a Member. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Member's Account Settings page. AlliantConnect.org may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect, including sections 5-17.
3. Fees. You acknowledge that Alliant International University reserves the right to charge for the AlliantConnect.org services and to change its fees from time to time in its discretion. If Alliant International University terminates your Membership because you have breached the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of subscription fees.
4. Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify Alliant International University , by contacting , immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
5. Proprietary Rights in Content on AlliantConnect.org .
1. Alliant International University does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post to the AlliantConnect.org. After posting your Content to the AlliantConnect.org, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the AlliantConnect.org, you hereby grant to Alliant International University a limited license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on and through the AlliantConnect.org.
Without this license, Alliant International University would be unable to provide the AlliantConnect.org services. For example, without the right to modify Member Content, AlliantConnect.org would not be able to digitally compress music files that Members submit or otherwise format Content to satisfy technical requirements, and without the right to publicly perform Member Content, AlliantConnect.org could not allow Users to listen to music posted by Members. The license you grant to AlliantConnect.org is non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Content to anyone else in addition to AlliantConnect.org), fully-paid and royalty-free (meaning that AlliantConnect.org is not required to pay you for the use on the AlliantConnect.org services of the Content that you post), sublicensable (so that AlliantConnect.org is able to use its affiliates and subcontractors such as Internet content delivery networks to provide the AlliantConnect.org), and worldwide (because the Internet and the AlliantConnect.org services are global in reach). This license will terminate at the time you remove your Content from the AlliantConnect.org website. The license does not grant Alliant International University the right to sell your Content, nor does the license grant Alliant International University the right to distribute your Content outside of the AlliantConnect.org services.
2. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the AlliantConnect.org website or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the AlliantConnect.org does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through the AlliantConnect.org website.
3. The AlliantConnect.org website contains Content of AlliantConnect.org ("AlliantConnect.org Content"). AlliantConnect.org Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and AlliantConnect.org owns and retains all rights in the AlliantConnect.org Content and the AlliantConnect.org. AlliantConnect.org hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the AlliantConnect.org Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the AlliantConnect.org Website and using the AlliantConnect.org services.
4. The AlliantConnect.org website contains Content of Users and other AlliantConnect.org licensors. Except for Content posted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the AlliantConnect.org services.
7. Content Posted.
1. Alliant International University may delete any Content that in the sole judgment of Alliant International University violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. Alliant International University assumes no responsibility for monitoring the AlliantConnect.org services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time Alliant International University chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the AlliantConnect.org services, AlliantConnect.org nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
2. You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the AlliantConnect.org services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users. Alliant International University does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by Alliant International University prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Alliant International University . Alliant International University makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
8. Content/Activity Prohibited. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the AlliantConnect.org services. Alliant International University reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Alliant International University ’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the AlliantConnect.org services and website and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of AlliantConnect.org:
1. is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
2. harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
3. exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
4. contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
5. solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
6. promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
7. promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
8. involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming";
9. contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
10. furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;